Traffic from Social Media
According to this study and this one Pinterest and Facebook drive the most traffic to your website.
Getting traffic is great, but how much of these visitors really become customers ? if they only click to visit your website and typically never buy then all the energy, money and time you invested in Pinterest and Facebook is worthless.
What about B2B ?
Are Pinteret and Facebook also leading in driving traffic to B2B websites ?
Probably not as it seems unlikely that business people use one of these websites to find solutions for their problems or issues.
- Facebook: very unlikely it is used as a source for business related topics
- Pinterest: pictures tell a thousand words but not valid for companies
- Twitter: there are more bots on Twitter than humans – unlikely information source for B2B
- StumbleUpon: for solving problems in companies you don’t stumble upon a solution
- Reddit: searching on Reddit is cumbersome
- Youtube: great for how to do in personal life / at home but not for business
- LinkedIn might be useful for B2B as it has focused groups
- Google+: who uses this ?
Hence it seems that social media has limited impact on driving traffic to your B2B website. LinkedIn might be the best channel. Other than that your blog might be the best.
What social media sends traffic to your B2B website ?