The current mindfulness hype
Mindfulness is all the hype now. The focusing of attention and awareness on a moment-to-moment basis, based on the concept of mindfulness in Buddhist meditation is almost everywhere: books, newspapers, TV, radio and the Internet.
Mindfulness and sales
Mindfulness and sales have no relation whatever at first sight as:
- The goal of sales is to persuade people to buy stuff or services requiring to listen to what the potential customer is saying
- Whereas mindfulness is about yourself.
Apparently there is no relation between both.
Benefits of mindfulness for sales
However mindfulness has three benefits for sales:
- It helps to know what is being said by the potential customer. Instead of wrongly interpreting what the potential customer says, mindfulness helps the understanding of what he really is expressing.
- You will listen better to what is being said thanks to the focus and attention during meetings or telephone calls.
- When you can give the feeling you have understood the potential customer, they are more likely to buy from you.
Mindfulness in sales practice
Do all sales need to take a course in mindfulness: probably not just focus, be present – not slipping away to other events – really listen and pay attention to your potential customers. This mindfulness will increase your sales.
How ‘mindfulness’ are you in your sales ?