The last 2 days, we have submitted this blog to many directories, as well as the feed.
As we don’t do reciprocal links, in many blog directories inserting was not possible.
The reason why we don’t do link exchange:
– our blog would get cluttered.
– we could get a penalty from search engines.
The results are:
– Between 150 and 220 results on Google: these results depend on region and time (Google Dance? experiment it)
– 39 subscriptions of the feed (up from 9 before the weekend)
– Clicks: some not much yet
“PR secrets for start-ups” received the most clicks.
So should we respond and link more to popular posts from other blogs in order to get readers?
– No comments yet
These feed statistics are from Feedburner, which we use as feed.
Technorati doesn’t seem to update since 4 days, although we ping them with every new post.
We managed to get our blog in directories, but still far from regular readers or being popular.
What are your experiences with the promotion of your blog?