Questioning like a CEO
Even if you are a salesman, at a certain moment during the sales process you could address to the CEO or C-Level Officer very directly in order to find out if he could acknowledge of doing business with you.
1. M. CEO what is required to achieve this for you by the next quarter?
2. M. CEO could you see your company as a customer of ours?
3. M. CEO can you think of any potential barriers doing business together?
4. M. CEO would you do business with us if we develop this solution for you?
5. M. CEO are there any hurdles to overcome for doing business together?
Make or break
These questions are a make or break as they are straight forward:
- If positive then you are confident and the sales process will speed up.
- If negative then you know you will be wasting your time if you keep insisting
Using these questions, you ask straight forward and you will probably get a very direct answer.
Answer from CEO to you as CEO
Why is this type of direct questions important?
You address the CEO as if you are from the same level in your company (but you’re not).
The CEO will answer to not as if you were a salesman, but a colleague CEO: that is quite different.
His answer will be of a different kind than all the previous answers you had before in this sales process.
So you dare to ask one of these questions during the next meeting with a CEO?
In any case: be prepared by knowing upfront the interest and needs of the company