In times when:
- Online search advertising is declining according to Comcast due to longer search queries.
- Inboxes are being filed up with too many email messages send by email marketing systems in order to attract your attention or to nurture you as a customer. Who still reads those?
Email marketing is not a sustainable method of generating leads.
Something different is needed for online marketing.
Joe Pulizzi of Junta42 declares in his blog:
If you’re not Content Marketing, You’re Not Marketing.
Thus content marketing is the new solution for the next future, which is a marketing technique of creating and distributing content related or relevant to your business or solutions with the purpose of attracting, acquiring and engaging a target audience.
The goal is to get attention of potential customers with the content.
Then converting the visitors who paid attention into customers.
Copyblogger explains how to convert into customers.
Challenges of content marketing
The advantages and drawbacks of content marketing:
o Any company can create content: large or small
o Quality content is a must have:
– Money can buy talent to create it.
– Without money quality content can also be created.
o The distribution of content:
– Is not evident or straight forward like advertising.
– Can be uncontrolled as it can go virally or nowhere.
– Is unpredictable in reach.
o The rule for success is there are no rules or formats for success.
Thus instead of spending money on online advertising or email marketing it is time now for content marketing.
Are you still in online search advertising or email marketing?
Or have you become successful in content marketing?