In the software industry before releasing a product commercially to the market the solution is to be given to so-called beta customers.
The idea is that these companies or users will test the software thoroughly in real life situations experiencing real life events in the hope to debug the application as much as possible and to test have real life strain tests.
Reasons for becoming a Beta user
Why should people or companies sign-up for the Beta?
- They have the opportunity to influence the development of the solution
- They can have a solution at no cost
Beta vs future customers
- Are the suggestions made by the Beta users the same level of importance for your future real customers ?
- Could using Beta users drive and change your solution surpassing the original goals set as these Beta customers are far more technically advanced than the potential customers of the marker you are targeting ?
- Is the Beta customer representative for your future paying customers ?
- Will Beta customers eventually become paying customers ?
It is the myth of Beta customer.
Finding beta customers
In reality finding and having signing-up user as Beta is not that simple. It requires a complete marketing campaign to generate interest and having people to take the risk.
Getting the Beta customers to sign-up is not that easy.
Especially with business applications, as these companies need to take the risk:
- For the benefit of having a free solution
- Having to stumble on all the possible problems and errors
- Interrupting the normal activity due to these bugs
- Reporting the required feedback to the vendor
Whereas the main rule for companies is risk-avoidance.
The myth of the Beta company customer is even bigger.
Currently we have the Beta for popupbooster:
- Providing relevant content to your visitors in real-time.
- Dynamic web pages: less bounces
- Matching landing pages: keep their attention
- Decrease cart abandonment: more sales
- Exit stopper: win their interest or gain awareness
- Conditional conversation starter using popular web services
You can sign-up a Beta user here – If you want.