Online ads can be very effectively used in B2C, but in B2B online advertising will only work for certain products or services.
1) If your products or solutions are not mainstream then online ads won’t work as you can’t explain the different approach. People won’t notice it.
2) If your product is a new kind of solution then then the message explaining this new concept will be too complex or too long. People will ignore it.
3) If your product is complex with many features, functions and whistles it is hard to explain in a short (25 char) online ad or banner. Too cumbersome to understand.
4) If your landing page is not in sync with the online message people will feel lost after landing. Wondering what they are doing there.
5) If your landing page doesn’t hold the promises that were suggested in the online ad, the ad-clickers will hit the back button fast.
6) Natural Born Clickers also exist in B2B. Strange but true as some people seem to click on any ad without any reason or interest.
7) If your brand is unknown, chances of your ads getting clicked are less likely. Known brand names give trust even for clicking on ads.
Think twice before spending money on online ads.