Technology companies can’t exist without partners.
Although it is better not to grant exclusivity to partners, too many partners in one geographic region might be too much. However you should be analyzing your partner not only for the other products and solutions he carries and proposes to his potential customers and customers, you should also analyze how each partner in a region sells.
Partner sales types
- Reseller partners are likely to sell on price to buyers/purchase dept. as your products or solutions are available to many other resellers.
- Partners can sell to managers based on functions and features in order to make a difference.
- Value Added Resellers or Partners will enhance the product or solution giving an advantage over competition.
- Consulting partners are giving advice and consulting to the CxO level in companies which is quite different from the previously mentioned.
Partner – Selling
- Reseller: sell on price to purchase dept.
- Partners: sell functions and features to managers
- VAR: sell advantages to the Business Unit Manager
- Consultants: sell benefits to CxO’s
So even in one geographic region you can have several partners each having a different sales approach to potential customers.
What kind of partners do you have ?
Do you have one partner in each of these categories in your geographic regions ?