In sales you wait until or on:
- The contact in a company replies your email
- The contact in a company informs you about a new project
- The lead acknowledges his interest
- The influencer is free for a call
- The decision maker is willing to have a meeting with you
- The competitors have had their meeting too
- The RFI is published
- The RFP is distributed
- The invitation for the presentation meeting is received
- The short list is made
- The invitation for the final round meeting is received
- The price negotiations start
- The deal is closed
- The products or the project is delivered
- The invoices are send
- Your commission is calculated
- You discuss your commission
- Your commission is paid out
As such the salesman or sales rep is mainly waiting for the next action.
The only way to shorten the wait time is to have many leads as this will shorten the idle time between events.
What is your feeling about the salesman waiting?